Tomorrow (Tuesday July 8) there will be an informal research presentation in the PEB classroom, Santa Rosa, at 1 PM. All are invited to attend. For more information contact Cathy Hulshof.
UPDATE: From Géraldine Derroire, PhD Candidate, FONASO Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate programme, College of Natural Sciences, School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography (SENRGY), Bangor University, Wales, United Kingdom
The research presentations that were held recently in Santa Rosa were a huge hit (so were the cacao and mesquite cookies!). Here is a brief summary of the researchers who presented their work:
- Rolando Ramos Jiménez: Activities conducted by the Programa de Educación Biológica
- Cathy Hulshof: Taxonomic and functional diversity along an altitudinal gradient in Peninsula Santa Elena
- Géraldine Derroire: Secondary succession in tropical dry forests
- Saul Chevez Hernandez and Monica Myers: Ecology, behavior, genetics and physiology of primates in ACG
- Tim Treuer: Determinants of structure and composition of biological communities in a regenerating dry forest using ultrasonic and audio recorders
- Christina Smith: Liana diversity and abundance in tropical dry forests of ACG and Palo Verde
- Leland Werden: Restoration of dry forest on vertisols in Estación Experimental Forestal Horizontes
- Monica Myers: Phytoestrogens and primate diet and behavior
- Daniel Perez Aviles: Availability for plant identification needs
Thanks to PEB for hosting us and thank you all for coming! We hope you can join us for future Charlas con Café!
This post is also available in: Spanish